Exploring the Pyramids of Giza

Me with the Pyramid of Khafre

Firt visit: April 2018
My Country #70

A few weeks ago, I was able to visit Cairo (mainly because of the cheap fare published by British Airways in business class between Cairo and Honolulu) and it was definitely a dream come true seeing the Pyramids and touching them 😍 I only spent a whole day in Cairo but it was enough as I only wanted to see the Pyramids. I also felt safe the whole time I was there and met other tourists who explored Egypt for a few weeks and thought the country is safe for tourists to visit. So if you want to see the Pyramids of Giza (the oldest of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World) don't wait long and plan your trip soon 😍


Cairo to Honolulu Run with the Pyramids of Giza and Pearl Harbor Tour

Review: Turkish Airlines A330 Business Class, Stockholm-Istanbul
Review: Hilton Istanbul Kozyatagi 1 Bedroom Suite
Review: Turkish Airlines Business Class, Istanbul-Cairo
Photo Review: Ramses Hilton Executive Suite
Review: JW Marriott Hotel Junior Suite
Exploring the Pyramids of Giza
Photo Review: Business Class Lounge, Cairo T2 (CAI)
Review: British Airways B789 Business Class, Cairo-London
Review: British Airways B747 Business Class, London-New York
Photo Review: American Airlines Admirals Club JFK C, T8 (JFK)
Photo Review: American Airlines Flagship Lounge, New York JFK T8 (JFK)
Review: American Airlines Business Class, New York-Los Angeles
Review: American Airlines Business Class, Los Angeles to Honolulu
Review: Holiday Inn Express Waikiki
Pearl Harbor and Honolulu City Tour
Photo Review: JAL Sakura Lounge/AA Admirals Club, Honolulu (HNL)
Review: American Airlines Business Class, Honolulu to Los Angeles
Photo Review: Qantas First Class Lounge, Los Angeles (LAX)
Photo Review: OneWorld Lounge Los Angeles (LAX)
Photo Review: American Airlines Flagship Lounge T4 (LAX)
Review: American Airlines Business Class, Los Angeles to New York
Photo Review: Hampton Inn Manhattan-Madison Square Garden Area
Review: Hilton New York Grand Central Junior Suite
Review: Conrad New York Corner Suite
Photo Review: British Airways Galleries T7 (JFK)
Review: British Airways B777 Business Class, New York to London
Review: British Airways B789 Business Class, London to Cairo
Photo Review: Egyptair Almeisan Lounge T3 Cairo (CAI)

Video from my YouTube Channel 📺


Since my Turkish Airlines flight lands at 7:50am, I had pre-booked a private tour of the Giza Pyramids where I would be picked up at the JW Marriott Cairo at 10am. One can also join a group tour but I guess most start picking you up from your hotel around 8am. And since it was almost the warmest time of the day when I visited the pyramids, I decided to just do the essentials and skip the camel ride, plateau, etc. Here are some of the pictures from my tour of the Giza Pyramids 😍

From the car, I could already see the Great Pyramid of Khufu 😍

Entrance to the pyramid complex

The Great Pyramid of Khufu, the largest and the first of three pyramids

The Great Pyramid of Khufu

The Great Pyramid of Khufu

Touching these stones took me back to ancient civilization 😍

The Great Pyramid of Khufu and the Pyramid of Khafre

Pyramid of Khafre

As the guide explained to me, this is Khufu's son's pyramid and since you can't build a pyramid taller than your father's, Khafre had his pyramid built a few meters lower 😉 This is the only pyramid that still has a smooth finishing over its top.

Me and the Pyramid of Khafre

The smallest one is the Pyramid of Menkaure, and belongs to the grandson of Khufu. I entered inside this pyramid and saw the beautifully preserved chambers although I was not allowed to take pictures.

The Great Sphinx

The Great Sphinx (which is a lion sculpture with the head of a man) is mostly tied to the Pyramid of Khafre.

Ending my tour, I had a photo taken with all the three pyramids and the Great Sphinx behind me 😍

Comments